which one is the best to buy?

Solution
Oh dear! I really didn't mean to confuse you, and I know I keep on about the "free stuff"... But: If you're only going to use the laptop at work, I'd say go for the £350 Lenovo.

Apparently, Argos have a lot of backpacks and surplus mice they want to get rid of. And remember, Christmas is nearing, and there's at least one present done with.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.
Greetings, Suzette:

This is one of the machines you found yourself, and I haven't been able to find a better one.

15.6" Lenovo Ideapad 305 at £350:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5480412

It has all the specifications you need for any kind of office work, and with 8GBs of RAM you can run several programmes at the same time - browsers, MS Office, CRM databases or dictation software. At 15.6" it is a bit large and it weighs 2.3 kg. But I couldn't find any smaller or lighter machines in this price range (oddly enough, a 13.3" laptop on Argos is actually more expensive than a 15.6"...)

...And you get a backpack and a mouse!

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

SuzetteP

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Thank you so much GreyCatz that's fantastic. Is there any difference between the i3 and i5 choice though or doesn't it make much difference.

:)

Hello, Suzette:

If you're willing to spend an extra £50 on this Acer Aspire:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5989236

... you'll get a dual-core Skylake i5 which is going to offer better performance (faster and more efficient). The other £400 Lenovo costs the same as the Acer but it only has a dual-core Broadwell i5 and less graphics power.

The difference between the £350 Lenovo and the £400 Acer is significant and will be noticeable at work. The difference between the Acer and the £400 Lenovo is less significant and you're unlikely to notice it. Of course, the Lenovos still come with a backpack and a mouse...

I hope I didn't make matters worse.
GreyCatz.

SuzetteP

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Hehehe GreyCatz, you made me giggle. I am so confused now lol. But it seems that the Acer one might be the best choice or the £350 Lenovo? Oh man this is terrible lol.

I have a backpack tho and a mouse is cheap enough to add on....isn't it :)

Hmmm what to choose that still remains?

Thanks for helping hehe.

Take care,
Suzette

Oh dear! I really didn't mean to confuse you, and I know I keep on about the "free stuff"... But: If you're only going to use the laptop at work, I'd say go for the £350 Lenovo.

Apparently, Argos have a lot of backpacks and surplus mice they want to get rid of. And remember, Christmas is nearing, and there's at least one present done with.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution