which one is the best to buy?

GreyCatz

Admirable
Greetings, Suzette:

This is one of the machines you found yourself, and I haven't been able to find a better one.

15.6" Lenovo Ideapad 305 at £350:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5480412

It has all the specifications you need for any kind of office work, and with 8GBs of RAM you can run several programmes at the same time - browsers, MS Office, CRM databases or dictation software. At 15.6" it is a bit large and it weighs 2.3 kg. But I couldn't find any smaller or lighter machines in this price range (oddly enough, a 13.3" laptop on Argos is actually more expensive than a 15.6"...)

...And you get a backpack and a mouse!

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

SuzetteP

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Thank you so much GreyCatz that's fantastic. Is there any difference between the i3 and i5 choice though or doesn't it make much difference.

:)

GreyCatz

Admirable
Hello, Suzette:

If you're willing to spend an extra £50 on this Acer Aspire:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5989236

... you'll get a dual-core Skylake i5 which is going to offer better performance (faster and more efficient). The other £400 Lenovo costs the same as the Acer but it only has a dual-core Broadwell i5 and less graphics power.

The difference between the £350 Lenovo and the £400 Acer is significant and will be noticeable at work. The difference between the Acer and the £400 Lenovo is less significant and you're unlikely to notice it. Of course, the Lenovos still come with a backpack and a mouse...

I hope I didn't make matters worse.
GreyCatz.

SuzetteP

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016

Hehehe GreyCatz, you made me giggle. I am so confused now lol. But it seems that the Acer one might be the best choice or the £350 Lenovo? Oh man this is terrible lol.

I have a backpack tho and a mouse is cheap enough to add on....isn't it :)

Hmmm what to choose that still remains?

Thanks for helping hehe.

Take care,
Suzette

GreyCatz

Admirable
Oh dear! I really didn't mean to confuse you, and I know I keep on about the "free stuff"... But: If you're only going to use the laptop at work, I'd say go for the £350 Lenovo.

Apparently, Argos have a lot of backpacks and surplus mice they want to get rid of. And remember, Christmas is nearing, and there's at least one present done with.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS