Which one of these headphones would be the best? (Sennheiser HD 238, AKG K451, Sony MDR-XB450)

domdomrys

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I'm currently looking for some headphones to buy to replace my Apple earbuds. I'm intending them to be carried around a lot (to work, school etc.) so I'm looking for some portable ones for a decent price. The ones I found are Sennheiser HD 238, AKG K451 and Sony MDR-XB450. They're all in the same price range, so I'm having a fairly hard time choosing. If possible, I would also prefer them to have good bass (but not overpowering so the other tones aren't muddy) and be open so I can hear traffic etc. Thanks in advance!

Solution
I personally have had good experience with AKG headphones, but they may be a little flatter than what your looking for (I usually buy headphones for studio use). They will all have enough low frequency response to have bass, but if you want boosted bass go with the Sony's.

SoundGeek

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
I personally have had good experience with AKG headphones, but they may be a little flatter than what your looking for (I usually buy headphones for studio use). They will all have enough low frequency response to have bass, but if you want boosted bass go with the Sony's.

Solution