Which one of these two laptops is the best?

Matteo11

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Hi, i am looking to buy a laptop which i can do some light gaming on. I do not want to spend alot so the big names are out of the question. I am looking for either an Asus or an Msi. I have narrowed my search to these two laptops for the moment, could anyone please tell me which one is the best in terms of reliability, usability, everyday use and etc? Thank you in advance.

http://www.scanmalta.com/scanshop/computing/msi-pe70-17-3-core-i7-5700hq-1tb-8gb-gtx-960m-win8-1-gaming-laptop.html

http://www.scanmalta.com/scanshop/computing/asus-n551jx-15-6-i7-1500gb-128gb-ssd-12gb-gtx-950m-win8-1-laptop.html

Solution
The 17.3" MSI laptop is definitely better for games since it has the more powerful GPU. If you do not plan on carrying it around with you very often then it is the better laptop based on specs. 17.3" laptops usually have terrible battery life especially gaming laptops.

For everyday usage (no games) all you really need is a dual core CPU. Both laptops have quad core CPUs.

Reliability varies by brand and the specific model itself so only time will tell. Asus and MSI have made gaming laptops that are good and bad.
The 17.3" MSI laptop is definitely better for games since it has the more powerful GPU. If you do not plan on carrying it around with you very often then it is the better laptop based on specs. 17.3" laptops usually have terrible battery life especially gaming laptops.

For everyday usage (no games) all you really need is a dual core CPU. Both laptops have quad core CPUs.

Reliability varies by brand and the specific model itself so only time will tell. Asus and MSI have made gaming laptops that are good and bad.

Solution

Matteo11

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Thank you all for your answers, I am still undecided which laptop to buy as I think that the Msi would be more suited for my needs but then again I do need the latop for university and with the Msi being a 17" laptop portability might be an issue.

Cezo

Estimable
Sep 27, 2015

Why would it be more suited for your needs?

The MSI computer has a slightly better GPU and CPU (barely). However, the ASUS laptop is cheaper, has 4GB more RAM and it's smaller (which usually makes it more expensive). It's up to you which is more important, a couple of frames per second or saving 130€ and better mobility.

With only those two options, I'd go for the ASUS. If gaming is important to you, I'd go for something completely different.

What are you studying at university? (Yes, it's relevant)

Edit: What are you looking for in a laptop?

Edit 2: The ASUS laptop includes a 128GB SSD which is awesome.

Matteo11

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
I am studying criminolgy so i will only be using it for word and powerpoint presentations at most.

My needs are for recreational gaming as I will be doing most of the gaming on my console whenever I have the time. I like both laptops but I am unsure whether it is worth it to spend 130euros more on the Msi. As for portability it is a major issue so a 15'6 " laptop would be better in that aspect.

I do not have many other option within that price range as I want to opt for an Asus or an Msi. There are some acer laptops within my budget but I do not wish to buy an Acer.