Which OS Do You Use?

What is your current operating system?

• Windows 7 (Enterprise, Ultimate, Pro, etc...)

Votes: 47 45.6%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Linux (Ubuntu, Free BSD, etc...)

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • MAC OS X

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Ancient Version of Windows

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I figured that it was time for another poll, as the other one seems to have ran its course.

This is another simple poll just to get an idea of what the more technologically astute of us prefer in terms of operating systems. So, what do you currently use?

I know some of us have dual boot systems, but go with the one that you find yourself using the most.

I use Windows 7 Pro on both my desktop and laptop. I also have Ubuntu on the laptop in a dual boot config that I occasionally play with, but for the most part I use W7. Like most, I did the beta testing of W7 to try and get away from Vista ASAP!

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
You know I've used Vista for years now without issues. People bash the bajesus out of it but I've never had significant problems.

I'm rocking 7 for my media box, Vista for my desktop and Ubuntu for my NAS.

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
I use Win7 and XP the most, but my Win7 PC also boots Ubuntu, and inside it I have many virtual machines: one with DOS 6.2/Win3.1/NT4.0; various versions of Linux; FreeBSD; Solaris; XP; Win2k.

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
Virtual machines on the desktop rule! I do not want to think of all the years I had three physical machines with different OSs tied together with a KVM switch :eek:

Yes, I had to boot them up in a particular order or the PS2 mouse would not work right! :fou:

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Win 7 Ultimate on the main laptop, 7 starter on the netbook it's just for basic surfing etc on the road so I so need to upgrade, I run Ubuntu 11.04 on my server and just for giggles I have a G4 ibook that I picked up for cheap that I use for mac only software where I don't have or don't like the windows software for the same task

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Windows XP-Great OS ever and you can easily understand that We will not get service pack 4 as Microsoft thinks Windows 7 and upcoming Windows 8 will not do enough profit for popularity of xp.............sorry if something wrong with my English.

jbakerlent

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Voted Windows 7 - most of my builds just run x64 Ultimate (school license is why it's not just Home Premium), but my main one also runs Ubuntu 11.04 VM. My Mac (for XCode) has Snow Leopard and Ultimate through boot camp.

TRENDING THREADS