Solved! Which processor in AMD is equivalent to Intel i3 or i5? Is always intel better t

Solution
Let's exclude the i5-2500k CPU since there are no known laptops that uses this desktop Intel CPU.

As for what is "better", it depends on what you want to do. However, generally speaking, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs (both desktop and mobile) offers better overall performance than any AMD CPU. A dual core mobile Core i3/i5/i7 is capable of beating any quad core AMD mobile CPU in games. That's assuming the two laptops being compared uses the same graphics core.

If you want a better answer, then you need to provide more information.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011

Nice trolling (Y).

And if you care about AMD that much, wait for bulldozer. Although by that time Ivy Bridge might have also come out, so it's up to you. But generally, Intel is better, but not always. If you're doing simple stuff like surfing the interweb or typing word documents, then AMD will do fine. If gaming, then probably intel.

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Which is better depends on budget and usage. The current AMD chips can't compete with intel's i5-2500k and higher, but it is hard to beat AMD's new APUs for simple gaming (WoW and the equivalent) or low power applications.

Let's exclude the i5-2500k CPU since there are no known laptops that uses this desktop Intel CPU.

As for what is "better", it depends on what you want to do. However, generally speaking, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs (both desktop and mobile) offers better overall performance than any AMD CPU. A dual core mobile Core i3/i5/i7 is capable of beating any quad core AMD mobile CPU in games. That's assuming the two laptops being compared uses the same graphics core.

If you want a better answer, then you need to provide more information.

Solution