Which T.V. would be better for a bedroom?

Anonymous Penguin

Honorable
Oct 8, 2014
Solution
Oh yeah in that case, go for the TV you like. Since its gonna be your main TV. The one thing is I've never really heard of ecostar, but then again it seems to be Pakistan only. Check the reviews for the TV and make sure you read about its Smart Features. The Samsung TV's Smart interface is ok, but a bit sluggish sometimes.

Warukyure

Estimable
I've never really heard of the brand ecostar so i really can't comment on its build quality, but I have and had Samsung TVs before and they last pretty long.

And ultimately, if its just for bedroom use, do you really need one with all the bells and whistles?

Anonymous Penguin

Honorable
Oct 8, 2014

I thought this was pretty standard except for the 3D. I'll be using 3D for games(would love to see Skyrim in 3 dimensions :D ). I'm really not a brands person. There is surge protection in the U900 and i probably won't be damaging the T.V.

Warukyure

Estimable
Even if the TV came with surge protection, I feel safer if the power bar I have had in instead, at least with power bars I'm protecting more than 1 device as well as if they do die, easy to replace.

Must be lucky to be able to use 3D, i wear glasses so 3D tends to be more of an annoyance rather than a benefit.

But like I said, its for the bedroom, unless you're in your bedroom a lot or don't want to share your TV since everyone else in your house is a TV hog, then simple like the Samsung is probably better. (I don't know your situation, my parents use their 46" Sony Bravia for whatever they want to watch, and while there is another 55" Vizio TV, if both are being used all I have is a simple Samsung 32" just to play for a bit in my room.)

Anonymous Penguin

Honorable
Oct 8, 2014

I can imagine how annoying glasses can be, lets just hope glass-less 3D goes mainstream for your sake.
My parents have their own T.V. as well but my brother and cousins use the lounge T.V. and i prefer to play my games in private(more immersion i guess, and i'm a freak for immersion)

Warukyure

Estimable
Oh yeah in that case, go for the TV you like. Since its gonna be your main TV. The one thing is I've never really heard of ecostar, but then again it seems to be Pakistan only. Check the reviews for the TV and make sure you read about its Smart Features. The Samsung TV's Smart interface is ok, but a bit sluggish sometimes.

Solution

Anonymous Penguin

Honorable
Oct 8, 2014

Thanks for your reply.

Better yet I'll get a hands-on at the display shop about 5 minute drive from my home ;)
I can also use the U900 to test android programs(not sure if it supports debugging though) which makes the choice much easier.
Anyway thanks for your help.