Which Tablet is best for me?

darkchief1

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hi all, I am looking at trading my laptop to my mother for a tablet. I am hopefully going to be doing this within the next week so Id like to know what tablet to get. My phone is currently an S2, which i will be upgrading later and i have a gaming rig for all my computing needs, so all i need my laptop for is typing things up on google docs and youtube while in bed, skype (because of a bad headset that is in for repairs for the next few weeks) and youtube/music while gaming at the moment. I am looking for a tablet, 7-10 inches in size, that can handle the odd game or two and is of good quality. I have a few options. Option 1: ASUS TF201 32gb without the dock and/or the first gen nexus 7, nexus being for at school so it is not taking up as much space and the ASUS for at home. Option 2: The latest nexus 7, a 16gb model. I really dont know what to do. I have about 300 NZD to work with and am looking at second hand and brand new but i cant really afford anything too high tier brand new. I am open to waiting a while for the next Nexus 7 (or 8) but i dont want to wait too long. Can anyone out there help? First world problems god damn it lol

darkchief1

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

May aswell get the best I can afford, and going back to old tech wouldnt be a good idea i guess. Nexus 7 2013 edition here I come. Thanks for the help.

RestlessGamer

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
I had the first nexus 7, and many of my friends have the 2nd gen one, the extra price for the second gen is jusitified by its better features, it runs games so much better than the 1st gen.