1920x1080 FHD IPS
4-4.5 hours battery backup

2) Asus
i7 4720HQ
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 950m 2 GB
1920x1080 FHD (not IPS)
Around 3 hours battery backup

The Asus one seems to be better in performance. This is my usage for the laptop.

General browsing, watching movies, medium gaming (among the big games, I might try GTA 5, but I am sure I will leave it in the middle), coding, light photoshop work.

I almost decided on the Asus. But my questions are these:

1. Would you recommend the HP for the IPS screen or considering I am not a graphic designer or heavy photoshop user, non-IPS would also serve my purposes? The viewing angles also are not a big problem.

2. Battery backup. As the Asus has superior performance specs, it's battery backup is going to be less. I will be using the laptop mainly at home or at least near a charging outlet,i.e. I don't see myself using it during commute or travel. So should I not worry about the Asus battery backup? Or take the HP? Or buy a portable charger for the rare occasion?

Also, is it safe to keep the charger plugged in the whole time I am using it? The battery will degrade quickly? I can change the battery after 2 years if the need arises.

3. The last consideration is the customer support. How is the customer support of Asus in India? I know HP has good CS, so not worrying about this if I buy HP. Generally, is Asus hardware reliable? I mean does it give problems within the first one/two years? I know it depends on the specific unit I get, but generally? I can resolve the software issues on my own, so asking how is the CS for hardware issues.

Prices of both are comparable. So it's not a parameter.

Summarizing, I am thinking of buying the Asus with a portable charger. What's stopping me is customer support of Asus in India and IPS screen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

suresh43

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Thanks. I too am leaning more towards the Asus. So, does IPS make too much of a difference, or is it comparable to anti glare?

Also does the battery get damaged if I keep the laptop plugged in even after 100% ?