Solved! while charging laptop is good at gaming but overheats a lot reaches 97'c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2018
i just purchased a laptop name acer nitro 5 ( i5 8300h , gtx1050ti, 8gb ddr4 ram ) i tried to play games on my laptop to check my gaming performance but i did'nt have any games to test so i downloaded tencent gaming buddy (pubg mobile) while playing at max setting i was getting 60fps(with charging) (temp reaches to 85'c ,cpu usage= 30-40%), 30 fps on medium setting(i cant go higher in setting to keep constant 30 fps while running on battries , cpu usage 15-20%) even lowering down setting to minimum i cant go higher than 30fps(on battries) . i tried a very old game cod4 modern warfare , even this game makes my laptop to reach 95-97'c temp giving 200+ fps. ( cpu usage= 46-55%) and after 5 minutes of gaming my pc crashed due to overheating, but without charging game is locked at 30 fps (cpu temp= 50'c, cpu usage 15%)..... help me please im to much worried...( btw my room temp is 33'c)

Solution
Usually the computer will not crash from overheating, it will instantly power off or restart.

Keep the laptop on a hard, flat surface. It usually helps to raise it a little bit, too (about an inch - this helps the fans draw air more efficiently) and blow the vents out to clear away any debris blocking the vents, heatsink fins, and fans.

If it comes to it, you can reapply the thermal compound, but it will require disassembly.
Usually the computer will not crash from overheating, it will instantly power off or restart.

Keep the laptop on a hard, flat surface. It usually helps to raise it a little bit, too (about an inch - this helps the fans draw air more efficiently) and blow the vents out to clear away any debris blocking the vents, heatsink fins, and fans.

If it comes to it, you can reapply the thermal compound, but it will require disassembly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.