White iPhone 4 Delayed Again; Possibly Canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Is it me or am I holding it wrong... Lol

They should have brought on better engineering talent and allowed for more freedom of design instead of such high restriction of ideas. Apple can not be a success for to long neither can Microsoft with it's deplorable product quality.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
why, would anyone who visits toms hardware, care.

no, I'm not saying that because its Apple, I'm saying it because its nothing to do with hardware, and the only people who would care are those who care mainly about looks, or desperately want to be different (but still buy an iphone like everyone else...)

blarneypete

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
I have a dream that one day smartphones will be judged by the versatility of their OS and the quality of their components, and not by the color of their case.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
you know they're only trying to build suspense for customers without an iphone 4..once apple releases the white phone, they're hoping for a mass buy-out on it again by hundreds of thousands of customers. A good marketing scheme, but a very cheap one if you ask me.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Current Apple consumers can purchase the iPhone 4 in black. But we'd really like to see other colors beyond the black and white scheme including an electric blue, hot mama red and even a Prince Purple Rain edition.

mmm mmm mmm those are some intense color examples u just gave.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Still, previous rumors have pointed to various manufacturing problems including issues with the device's backlit (although how this relates to the phone's shell color is unknown)
Well, if you've read other reports, they say the translucency of the white plastic means that the phone's backlight bleeds-through. This means the case glows, and light can bleed through and affect camera images. The black shell is fairly opaque and doesn't suffer these problems.

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
really. i have an iphone 4. (screw off thumb-downers) but this news is getting kind of old. i actually agree with

tronika

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
oh dear lord. i logged in half way through my comment and it posted it. anyway... i actually agree with matt87_50 in i visit this site specifically for the tech articles about, well, computers. i swear they post this smartphone crap just to start a troll war...

where is the 6870 crossfire vs 470 sli articles?

hok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I am in China and we got a sample phone and it had a lot of problems... the glass was off alignment and the white looked different front to back. but it looked great other than that... some stupid idiot paid 2k USD for it.. but now i guess it will go up... but it was a defective phone...

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
"But we'd really like to see other colors beyond the black and white scheme including an electric blue, hot mama red and even a Prince Purple Rain edition."

Add Detonator Yellow to that wish list pal!

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
do you think its becaus they havent figured out all the issues that came to light when the iphone 4 was released (screen, antenie, Something...)

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
iPhone, iPad, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Apple, is all the news in Tom's which is a pitty, i thought there would be more interesting articles in a non-apple computer website, and now looks like they are dedicated to post news of concepts where one even can't submit a comment!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Apple is selling about 20% of the PCs on the market... They are used by many people, including gamers and people in the business.

Knowledge is power.

mrmoo500

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
The white one is probably cancelled. My friend who reviews cell phnes has a prototype iPhone 5 right now that he said will proabaly be relased some time this winter or next june. he doesn't know for sure. But it is a ton more responsive and has a 1.2 ghz arm processor and 64 gb of memory. His protoype is an iPhone 5 in the Iphone 4's body. The next iPhone though will have a 4" retina 2 screen and a better camera along with a 64 gb model (not sure if that is teh high end or normal model) and it will have the fixed antenna. His protype was also running iOS 4.5. it was pretty sweet.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]qu3becker[/nom]They are racist?Anyway, just paint the black one in white, already![/citation]

To answer your stupid question in their defense is NO! -.-

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]blarneypete[/nom]I have a dream that one day smartphones will be judged by the versatility of their OS and the quality of their components, and not by the color of their case.[/citation]

Careful where you say that, you may end up in the cross hairs of someone's L96..

Status
Not open for further replies.