White lines on waking up display, looks fine when restarted Acer R5 Intel 520

alb2009

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
2cr3wvp.jpg

This problem started this week. Not sure if related to my power plug becoming loose and me having to push the plug into the laptop for the battery to charge. Here's my laptop, its a touch screen device with 360 degree screen movement/tablet mode: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/model/NX.G7WSN.001

Anyway whenever I wake laptop up from sleep (since its set to turn off display after a while like usual laptops) I get the screen in the first link. The white lines are all over. The small square is the mouse pointer and moves when i move the mouse. Clicking various keyboard buttons cause some obvious reactions but its still white lines all over the display. Problem disappears when I restart and happens again if the screen wakes up from sleep.

I tried:

1) Reinstalling Intel 520 driver, it says my manufacturer only allows installing their own driver

2) Installing manufacturer driver but mine is already newer

3) Connecting to external display but same white lines are displayed in the external monitor

I'm thinking this is a software issue and not hardware as its totally fine when I restart. Now I keep my screen awake all the time unless I have to go somewhere. Should I reinstall windows? Or try something else?

Thanks in advance.

alb2009

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

Succeeded in installing this, still getting the same issue.

alb2009

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks for pointing my in the right direction. I guess it was a recent issue so was not finding anything before. Since I'm encountering an error trying to roll back or reinstalling driver I'll do the "hibernate instead of sleep" workaround.