White screen and nothing else

Ltlovely

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
I have a Toshiba, Windows 7 laptop. When I turn it on the only thing that happens is a white screen. Nothing I do helps, but I am a computer ignoramus so the only thing I can do to try to fix it is turn it off and on, and take out battery. None of those things worked. If you have an answer for me please use child like terms to describe what to do because I seriously don't know anything about computers. I read the other posts but don't understand what they are saying to do which is why I decided to write this and hope someone would take pity on me and dumb the language down lol. I am grateful for any help. Thank you

Solution
I have an old fujitsu-siemens amilo L, which sometimes while in use goes to a completely white display immediately after booting into windows, at the time this was a bug with these laptops which only popped up after reinstall of the OS, only the removal of the cmos battery and waiting for a good couple of hours for complete drain of power from the motherboard fixed the issue.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I have an old fujitsu-siemens amilo L, which sometimes while in use goes to a completely white display immediately after booting into windows, at the time this was a bug with these laptops which only popped up after reinstall of the OS, only the removal of the cmos battery and waiting for a good couple of hours for complete drain of power from the motherboard fixed the issue.

Solution