White Screen of Death

rkariff

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014
Asus q503ua started booting to a white screen, with only a cursor arrow showing. I tried CTRL-ALT-DEL and CTRL-SHIFT-ESC. But neither worked. All help is welcome. Thanks!!

rkariff

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

I see the Asus and Windows screens, but that's it. No Explorer or anything. I haven't tried the battery. I'm almost afraid, as I've never done it.

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
if you are seeing asus, then windows, then white, the battery removal won't help. not sure why you would be afraid of removing a battery. it cant cause any harm and its very simple. do you have your information backed up? first, see if you can boot in safe mode. if that doesn't work, i'd recommend a clean install. most laptops have a built in option to set it back to factory. it will remove all of your data.

rkariff

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014

It's more of a fear of the unknown, I suppose. Unfortunately, I can't seem to Reboot. The only thing that I am able to do is power off and on with the power button.

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
gotcha, i looked further into it and noticed the battery is not easily removable on that one. you need to hold the power button down firmly for about 30 sec, then try to power it on again.

rkariff

Estimable
Sep 5, 2014
Now I cannot see anything. It's almost as if it won't power up. Lately, I've had to jiggle the cord whenever I am using the power button. I ordered a new cable. So, I'm waiting on that.