whole house music through computers on a network

Jul 30, 2018
I would like to "stream" push, broadcast music from a central location over a home network to multiple computers that would be connected to an amplifier and speakers.
Like using 1 pc as an FM transmitter and others as receivers. Like using a browser to watch streaming video, but instead just audio.

There is no reason you need multiple computers to do this.
You could use Sonos Connects or Denon Heoslinks connected to existing systems, the amplified versions with existing passive speakers, or their stand along wireless speakers. Each would play the same or different streams or files on the network. Great control with their app.
There are some less sophisticated but cheaper ways to do it too.
http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/hi-fly-multi-room

drivinfast247

Proper
May 29, 2018
ROON Audio. That's what I use and its awesome! You can have a different song playing in each location. Its controlled from a PC, tablet or phone.

EDIT: I just noticed you want over the air FM broadcast. What I suggested wont work.

EDIT EDIT: I reread what you posted and I believe you would like ROON. It plays your ripped CDs and also streams from Tidal.

Jul 30, 2018

the FM was just an example.
Radio stations stream now over the internet and you can select the station with any computer and listen to the same playlist anywhere in the house

Jul 30, 2018

I already have a system with a computer and amp and speakers in each room I would like music in. I just need the software to "broadcast" the music