Solved! Why can't i install programs on my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2020
I bought a new laptop two days ago, installed windows 10, google chrome and steam, and everything was working great until i tried downloading utorrent
It downloads normally, and when i try to install it it just gives me blank installation wizard
then i tried downloading bittorent, the same thing happened
then i tried downloading hwmonitor and i got "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" error
I even tried going to Leneovo's page for this laptop, and tried downloading their tool for driver installation and problrm solver, but got the same "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" error
I tried moving the files, renaming them running as administrator, but nothing i did had any effect, can anyone help me resolve this issue?
Just to add, win 10 is a pirated version but that never gave me any issues like this
Also laptop model is S145-15API laptop-Type 81UT running Ryzen 5 3500u, 4+4gb ddr4 memory and Vega 8 graphich, 256gb NVMe ssd

Aug 31, 2020
you can run windows 10 unactivated. download from ms website and do fresh os install
That was my first go, but Ms makes you download some tool instead of just ISO, i'm updating windows currently from the official site and i'll see if that resolves the issue, but any other suggestion would be appreciated

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I bought a new laptop two days ago, installed windows 10, google chrome and steam, and everything was working great until i tried downloading utorrent
It downloads normally, and when i try to install it it just gives me blank installation wizard
then i tried downloading bittorent, the same thing happened
then i tried downloading hwmonitor and i got "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" error
I even tried going to Leneovo's page for this laptop, and tried downloading their tool for driver installation and problrm solver, but got the same "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" error
I tried moving the files, renaming them running as administrator, but nothing i did had any effect, can anyone help me resolve this issue?
Just to add, win 10 is a pirated version but that never gave me any issues like this
Also laptop model is S145-15API laptop-Type 81UT running Ryzen 5 3500u, 4+4gb ddr4 memory and Vega 8 graphich, 256gb NVMe ssd
A laptop that new should have come with a legit installation of Windows 10. Once that is in place, your problems will likely be resolved.

Tom's Guide does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.