Why Did Apple Just File a Vaporizer Patent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seenhear

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I've heard of several smartphone makers looking into the ability to "text" or e-send in some way, odors and scents. The only real way to do this (other than waiting for actual star-trek replicators) is to have a device on the receiving end that can concoct what amounts to perfumes using a few basic liquids in varying amounts, then vaporizing them and sending a small puff out to the user. I would not be surprised if this patent has to do with that.

Vic Arios

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
Although an Apple E Cig sounds interesting, (Apple E' Smell-o'rama as proposed above less so), more likely this is related to recent advances and stated commitments in area of holographic projection (guessing vapor a possible solution to the "media" problem - plain old air doesn't hold an image very easily).

Peter_207

Honorable
Jan 27, 2017
Or this could have more to do with a technique for vaporizing chemical compounds for deposition onto surfaces... but the perfume idea is interesting as well...

WakeShark

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
I'm thinking it's for a holographic display.
https://www.engadget.com/2014/10/07/interactive-holograms-leia-display-system/

Vic Arios

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
Peter 207's notion re "vaporizing chemical compounds for deposition onto surfaces" sounds nebulous enough to be correct answer... Only have no idea what it means. Translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.