Why do my tweets not show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

everway9

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hey y'all. :)

I've been wondering for a while why my tweets don't show on the page I've tweeted to so I've decided to ask. :)

For example, today I wanted to tweet to the BBC. I went to the BBC's Twitter page and clicked on 'Tweet to BBC' and composed and tweeted my tweet. My tweet doesn't show on their page after I click refresh.

There are many company's I have tweeted to and the same happens. It never shows my tweet on their page.

I thought that if I tweeted my tweet would show up publicly on the company's page. However I admit that I don't know much about Twitter so I may be doing something wrong.. or maybe Twitter just doesn't work like I thought it did.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. :)

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
never used twitter

but first thought would be perhaps they screen the tweets

to make sure nothing offensive appears on their site?

but no doubt a twitter user will come along and give you a better answer than me

everway9

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hi @mcnumpty23 and thanks for your input. :)

Originally I thought that a tweet might have to be approved by a moderator or someone else before it was posted. However days later my tweets still weren't visible.

Yeah... hopefully a lil birdie will be along soon to help. :)

Cheers. ;)

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015
Hi there! I'm our Social Media expert, and this week I'm running an AMA, and I think I can help explain.

When you say "I went to the BBC's Twitter page and clicked on 'Tweet to BBC' and composed and tweeted my tweet." - do you mean a page on the BBC's site or their twitter profile? Let me know over here: http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3491906/expert-social-media-henry-casey.html I may be a yank, but I think I can help!

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

Thanks for your reply! While some social media sites, such as Facebook, allow you to post to someone else's page, Twitter replies never appear on the other person's profile. Your tweet may appear there if they decide to retweet it or quote-tweet it, but not otherwise.

The only way to see the messages sent to a twitter account is use Twitter's advanced search https://twitter.com/search-advanced and type that account into the "To these accounts" field and click search. Or, you could use a third-party app, such as TweetBot on iOS, and visit that person's profile, tap Tweets and then tap Mentions.

Hope that clears this up!

Aug 23, 2020
One reason I despise Twitter. I just used it to get an answer from a local governement site regarding vaccines because I can't find the answer anywhere online on the innerweb. You know, when you put in specific information and get back whatever information google thinks you're asking, but it's not what you are looking for? So, I thought I'd check back to see if there's an answer, and my tweet doesn't even appear. And, of course, it would help hundreds, maybe thousands of people with the same question, but nope. This is the number one problem with twitter. To paraphrase a quote about listening: People don't (listen) tweet to understand. They (listen) tweet to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.