Why does 720p60 run so fast and not normal?

napninjanx

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
I thought I put this question in the software section since YouTube is made from software coded and so on.

When I play a YouTube video I set it to 720p60 or 1080p60 it runs to fast how come?

Solution
It is because for the most part we are used to sub 60FPS videos. Most movies and TV shows are done at 24FPS. Have you ever wondered why they look so different to a video you take with a camera? That is one of the reasons.

That is what the 60 means. It is 720p/1080p running at 60 frames per second.

60FPS is smoother, there are more frames being shown per second and it seems faster but it is just smoother.

I don't mind it although it can sometimes be a bit jarring. I do hate it when it is applied to a movie that was filmed at say 24FPS as it makes the film look like a soap opera.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
It is because for the most part we are used to sub 60FPS videos. Most movies and TV shows are done at 24FPS. Have you ever wondered why they look so different to a video you take with a camera? That is one of the reasons.

That is what the 60 means. It is 720p/1080p running at 60 frames per second.

60FPS is smoother, there are more frames being shown per second and it seems faster but it is just smoother.

I don't mind it although it can sometimes be a bit jarring. I do hate it when it is applied to a movie that was filmed at say 24FPS as it makes the film look like a soap opera.

Solution