Why does Firefox change so often?

eagleneb

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
Anyone know if there is a real reason Mozilla constantly changes the way the Firefox interface looks? I love Firefox and have been using it since Firefox 2.0 but I can't stand having it look different every few months. I understand updating it for security purposes but the UI shouldn't have to change so often.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I think they are just trying to minimize the UI to make more room for the actual web page. You can still go into the options and turn the menu bars back on if you liked having those shown all the time, otherwise just hit the ALT key to bring up the menu when needed.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
It's a race with Google to see who can hit "100" first. Gag... I too hate wasting time dealing with different UIs - I want browers to open the web, not require repeated new learnings to open the web. I want to be more productive, constantly, not less.

WaterFox has a more calm change-perspective but obviously since they're a derivative, I know they to are busy keeping up with the ChromeJoneses.

randomizer

Distinguished
There have been, what, two notable UI changes since Firefox 1.0? FF4 brought a moderate amount of changes and then it remained pretty much static until FF29 when they brought in Australis, which had been cooking for years. In between it's just been minor touch-ups... new icons, a few gradients, nothing that is going to really kill your habits.