why does Netflix app on Samsung smart TV not work. get black screen. Samsung no help with 5 resets. all other apps work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

normus

Estimable
Sep 20, 2014
oes Netflix app on Samsung smart TV not work. get black screen. Samsung no help with 5 resets. all other apps work. Wi-if not problem. Help?

wiguanerd

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
yes,you can access Netflix and similar media stations on your Samsung Smart TV by using UnoTelly or similar tools.
W48Vnu

dee999

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

I've been having the same issue ever since I updated the firmware a few days ago. Netflix doesn't launch, it crashes right away and takes me back to HDMI 1 channel. All other apps are working absolutely fine. I tried contacting Netflix about it but still no answer. I've also done all the reset tricks, tried downloading the Netflix apps from other regions without any success.

prasadkumarg

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

==============
did you get any solution for it. I'm not even able to downgrade the firmware on the Samsung TV

gorgeousAli

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015

Ok so I fixed it everyone! Or rather I found the solution. So after you hit the smart hub button on your remote hoover to the netflix app. Once there click tools on remote and hit reinstall! Tada your welcome now back to my Law and Order binge -26 yr old female so cal

CLprime_81

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015

WOW! Now all the troubleshooting just seems so trivial, wondering how I didn't find this solution on my own...right in front of my face the whole time !!!! Well, it worked. Thanks very much !!

belo1r

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
My netflix stopped working 5 days ago . Netflix did an update after that i had no netflix.
so i tried to do an update on my Samsung Smart tv but it said software was up to date
so i called Samsung at 1-800-726-7864 and after checking my firmware they said that
my software was out of date. My tv was not receiving a signal so i had to download
the firmware to a flash drive and connect it to the tv and now everything works fine.
they were a great help. the only thing is you have go to their web site find your model
and download the firmware. call them they will explain everything and help you check
if your firmware is up to date Good Luck

psuehawk

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
After 3 days of frustration and trying what others have suggested I finally unplugged my tv from the power source, plugged it back in which caused my tv to reboot and wallah ~ Netflix came back and it is working like a charm.

mnlk

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

I tried, but I can't even access tools from there. When i stand on netflix and press the 'more' button, and then 'tools', it just closes the 'more' window that opened, without doing anything. Any advice? I really want to get netflix to work already, it's been months and nothing I try works (it's never worked!)

Rafiatu

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I did the same thing,unplugged my tv from the power source,waited for 2 mins,plugged it back in again,turned on the tv and then smart hub,it updated on its own and netflix was back!]

Tweensmom

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

mnlk

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015

I changed the tv's country to one without netflix, then to one with an old version of netflix (had to try a couple until I found one that worked - argentina finally did it for me), then unchecked the 'automatically update apps' box, then switched back to USA. That finally got it working for me. you can google 'change my tv's country' to find instructions for that. you have to get to some kind of secret page in your tv's settings, it's different for different models.
Good luck

debiw1983

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015

Thanks so much for the fix!! I have tried calling Netflix and Samsung, they did not fix the problem. You did!! I couldn't believe it, it's been a black screen for weeks now. So happy, thanks again!

tylo02558

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
THANK YOU, Gorgeous Ali! Your solution worked like a charm for me... You're the best!

Ok so I fixed it everyone! Or rather I found the solution. So after you hit the smart hub button on your remote hoover to the netflix app. Once there click tools on remote and hit reinstall! Tada your welcome now back to my Law and Order binge -26 yr old female so cal
[/quotemsg]

kbala97

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011

Gorgeous Ali, Thanks! Reinstalling fixed my problem!

n8ainsworth

Estimable
May 24, 2015

Go into menu - system - general and turn instant on off.

This is THE fix. With instant on on the tv never really turns off. Therefor when netflix has this issue it can't do an actual restart unless the tv can shut down completely.

Yes Samsung needs to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.