Why does youtube lose the buffered part of a video when i try to rewind or fast forward?

JustinX

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
i had a pc in my workplace(windows 8) and when i try to play videos and i rewind or fast forward video the video didn't break or load but when i use my laptop(windows 7) and i did the same thing but the video loads and break the buffered red line. any idea guys?

cryptominer

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
I was having the same problem with Firefox when playing YouTube videos but now it is already SOLVED.
The solution is very simple. Using your Firefox browser you just have to visit YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click
on "Request The HTML5 Player" button.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006

JustinX

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011

even if it finished buffering and i'm half way of the video length and when i try to go back the loading bar breaks and reloads

JustinX

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011

as what i've noticed only chrome doesn't break the buffered videos and not working with firefox...i only tried the chrome here in my office and i will try chrome when i go home

cryptominer

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
I was having the same problem with Firefox when playing YouTube videos but now it is already SOLVED.
The solution is very simple. Using your Firefox browser you just have to visit YouTube link http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click
on "Request The HTML5 Player" button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BlueMoon1890 Apps General Discussion 0
sevstrider Apps General Discussion 6
H Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 5
C Apps General Discussion 2
E Apps General Discussion 10
henrytcasey Apps General Discussion 4
B Apps General Discussion 3
R Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 2