Why i cant browse on internet even im connected on wifi or data connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
My ISP often loses connection to its DNS server. Confirm i you are connected to the internet by opening cmd and type:
ping 8.8.8.8
ping google.com

if the 1st is successful and the 2nd fails, then you dont have a working DNS server configured. You can set the DNS on your PC if you configure a static IP address.

Next while connected to the network, run ipconfig /all
make sure your IP address on the wifi or ethernet adapter matches your router IP subnet. If it starts 169.254.x.x then your not getting an IP from the router. DHCP may be disabld - enable it, or set your IP manually

Beehelp

Prominent
May 14, 2017
click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".
Now enter this command
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

Now enter these commands :

netsh winsock reset catalog --> Press Enter

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit --> Press Enter.

Reboot your computer"

I had the exact same thing happen to me and this solution fixed it for me

Mezmer32

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
My ISP often loses connection to its DNS server. Confirm i you are connected to the internet by opening cmd and type:
ping 8.8.8.8
ping google.com

if the 1st is successful and the 2nd fails, then you dont have a working DNS server configured. You can set the DNS on your PC if you configure a static IP address.

Next while connected to the network, run ipconfig /all
make sure your IP address on the wifi or ethernet adapter matches your router IP subnet. If it starts 169.254.x.x then your not getting an IP from the router. DHCP may be disabld - enable it, or set your IP manually

Solution

gelo092305

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I did this but both failed. Like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
PING: transmit failed. General failure

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping google.com
Ping request could not find host google.com. Please check the name and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.