Why I Picked Apple Music Over Spotify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2018
Spotify will only allow 1 user to stream at-a-time. Cheaper services, e.g. Slacker and Pandora, do not have this restriction.
Spotify does not have a Roku app.
Spotify Android app requires a mouse which, on my little media box, is not present.

Sep 4, 2018
Did you check Deezer? Great mobile apps on all devices, desktop player and an app for most smart tv's AND it allows you to upload your own MP3's.

Sep 3, 2018
Yes... I am just finushing a 3 month trial of Deezer and like it a lot. I am not going to subscribe, however, because they have a single-device stream restriction (so my wife and I can't jog to it at the same time) and they are more expensive fhan Slacker and Pandora.
I do recommend Deezer if my issues don't apply.... ;)

D

Deleted member 217926

Just google "Apple deleted my music" for why I'll never use Apple. I have an iPod shuffle that I like very much but iTunes gets uninstalled unless I'm changing the music on it. I have nearly 500 CDs ripped to FLAC and I'm not giving any Apple software access to that library.

I pay for Tidal's high res service. If you have decent equipment to listen on it's worth it.

Sep 4, 2018
Just to add an answer to anort3's comment - Deezer also offers FLAC/Hi-Fi quality which also works on my types of equipment :)

Sep 21, 2018
You can sync your local files with Spotify. https://support.spotify.com/de/article/listen-to-local-files/
So no need for Apple Music.

sizzling

Distinguished
The Spotify app on XBox is a big plus for me. Also the family subscription is very good value.

Don’t get me started about Deezer. My account got hacked and after attempting to communicate with their customer service I only ever received automated and irrelevant responses.

why use an online service to transfer files ?

get an MP3 Players or Android phone, plug it computer use any program such as AIMP and tell it to create music list fr4om your personal collection then copy files over, and listen without having to PAY anything to ANY service.

PS: I have at last check over 45,000 tracks, no services would carry all my music anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.