Why is my HP Pavilion Pnia draining so fast, even when plugged in an electric socket

Akanbee

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Laptop battery suddenly draining too fast. What could possible be the cause, and solution too?

There could be a few reasons.

The most common two are either the battery is going to need replacing soon or there is something running on the laptop that is draining it.

To test the latter, try running the computer in "Safe Mode" for a while and see if it drains as fast. If not, then you need to locate which program/programs are causing the drain.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Akanbee

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

Akanbee

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Thank you so very much Tom's guide, I quite appreciate your quick response regarding my Laptop battery related question. I'd try it out and get back to you soonest. Thanks once again, I really appreciate.

Akanbee

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

Akanbee

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
The safe mode thing doesn't seem to work especially as the laptop goes off almost immediately it's been booted, even while it is still been charged in the electric sucket. That doesn't look like the battery draining. What else could be the problem here? Thanks.