why is the volume lower on my left earbud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Some previous suggestions:

• Checking your own ears (switching earbuds left<>right).
  • Checking if your media player/sound card have sound balanced (same level for left and right ear).
  • Checking if the earbud is clogged.
It may very well be just plain and simple failure of hardware. I had earbuds before that had one side starting to sound lower. After I checked all these things, it was really just failure of hardware.

I tried adjusting balance (put it more to side which got lower volume and increase overall volume) But, it kept decreasing until it was so low that having balance completely to that side had no effect. Your issue may be the same case.

If you check all the steps above and the earbuds are still under warranty...
switch earbuds around in ears, is it lower in your right ear now ? if not, then get ears checked (serious....)
otherwise, make and model of headphones. also have you checked if looked into your volume control the balance of signal right/left is not centered causing this ?

pm4

Estimable
Apr 28, 2014
Some previous suggestions:

• Checking your own ears (switching earbuds left<>right).
  • Checking if your media player/sound card have sound balanced (same level for left and right ear).
  • Checking if the earbud is clogged.
It may very well be just plain and simple failure of hardware. I had earbuds before that had one side starting to sound lower. After I checked all these things, it was really just failure of hardware.

I tried adjusting balance (put it more to side which got lower volume and increase overall volume) But, it kept decreasing until it was so low that having balance completely to that side had no effect. Your issue may be the same case.

If you check all the steps above and the earbuds are still under warranty, return it to the store. If not, maybe start looking for some replacements (meanwhile you can adjust it as I did by switching balance toward the failing side).

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Mar 21, 2018

Thanks. Your suggestion makes more sense but the default (created by sound mix engineers and device manufacturers) is perfect sound balance between left and right (binaural and not v5.1 or higher) sound sources. Thus NO balance of non-defective or new headphones or Google ear buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.