Why Smartphone Owners Refuse to Use Lock Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daren Bukator

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
I lean towards the good Samaritan argument.

I don't use a lock screen because if I lose my phone, I want someone to find it and use my contact list to return the phone. This has happened more than once and I've done the same after finding a lost phone.

If there was a lock screen that featured a "lost phone contact list" icon, then I would use it.

Heather G

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
Hey Daren, not sure if you're aware, maybe not but there is a display option on the Android phone that you can have 'if found call....' on the display prior to having to enter a pass code, PIN.

btw, I think you are a good Samaritan, get what you give.

Cheers.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Good intentions by not using the lock screen so it can be returned, but even my much-ridiculed Blackberry manages to have an "If found, please call" message on the lock screen.

impy1980

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
ICE/Found info can be entered in to the "owner info" settings in Android (under Settings > Security), so easy to do, no app needed, no need to leave your phone unlocked, which is just stupid if you have banking or payment apps on your phone.

Oct 9, 2014
The whole "Good Samaritan" thing seems extremely risky to me. Although I do believe most people would return a lost phone, there are those who lack consideration for others. A few bad apples spoil the bunch, after all.

Oct 9, 2014
The whole "Good Samaritan" thing seems extremely risky to me. Although I do believe most people would return a lost phone, there are those who lack consideration for others. A few bad apples spoil the bunch, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.