Why the iPhone 5S Won't Revolutionize Mobile Gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
iPhone 5S biggest drawback to gaming is its screen size. I mean aside from gaming on a smart phone in the first place...heh. For now I am looking forward to new iPad with these specs and Apples next iPhone which I hope will offer a bigger screen version!

Stormls200

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
This article is such BS. Like I has already been said the 64 bit processor allows for more smoother multiprocessor but graphic wise there won't be a lot of change. I for one play a lot of games on my phone and consel. I don't have an iPhone to replace my consel games just another tool to play them with. There are plenty if graphical games to play Bastion, Horn ( love that game) order and chaose. They may not have changed the game but they sure and hell added to it. Don't think so?? Tell that to all those iPod/ iPad holders.

djbeta

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Also, note that in the benchmarks, the A7 is neck and neck with the Note 3 (a far larger device that can handle a larger processor). "note" that it's common knowledge now that Samsung & LG are doping their results.. This makes the A7, by far, the fastest chip in the land.. Also, is there any reason to think that the iPhone might not be able to interact with another hardware device that *has* more than 4gb of RAM? Apple is pushing the edge of what is simply possible with our devices.. have you heard of AirPlay? it works brilliantly.. the Windows world has similar stuff, but it's nowhere near as smooth and fluid as you get in the iOS Mac OS ecosystem. Apple knows what they're doing with this 64bit stuff, I guarantee it. It's not hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.