why won't my Samsung 4.0 tablet stay charged when unpluged

Solution
Battery damage can occur when you keep a device plugged in all the time, never using the full range of the battery (I've done this to my laptop). This can also occur if you let the battery sit at 0% (or even 100%) for a long duration. Most current devices ship with a 50% battery charge for this reason.

I am a firm believer of fully discharging a battery at least once ever 4-8 times you charge it, just to avoid "battery memory" issues.

That said, perhaps you have an application that is using more battery than it should, being samsung/android I'm assuming you have a battery monitor application pre-installed (accessible within settings) that will tell you how much battery each running application is consuming. If (for instance) Angry...

BrandonYoung

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
Battery damage can occur when you keep a device plugged in all the time, never using the full range of the battery (I've done this to my laptop). This can also occur if you let the battery sit at 0% (or even 100%) for a long duration. Most current devices ship with a 50% battery charge for this reason.

I am a firm believer of fully discharging a battery at least once ever 4-8 times you charge it, just to avoid "battery memory" issues.

That said, perhaps you have an application that is using more battery than it should, being samsung/android I'm assuming you have a battery monitor application pre-installed (accessible within settings) that will tell you how much battery each running application is consuming. If (for instance) Angry Birds is using 70% of your battery, and you haven't been playing it, try to close the app by accessing your application manager and "Force Stop" or access your "running applications" key and make sure you close the application that is causing a large drain to your battery.

My galaxy S3 was having a horrible time with battery until I found out that there was a corrupt picture that I had taken, that was causing the Image cacher to constantly try to re-evaluate the picture. Removing the picture solved that problem.

Good luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS