Solved! Wi-Fi on my phone stops working when laptop is turned on?

Nov 10, 2018
Whenever my roommate turns on his laptop, the Wi-fi on my phone starts going in and out of connection to the network. It makes it to where wifi is pretty much unusable on my phone and I cant stand it so I have to switch to my mobile data; but i cant do this forever and I don't want to ask him. (Also, the wifi on my laptop works just fine while his laptop is on. Just my phone that is the problem. Nexus 6)
PLEASE HELP

Nov 10, 2018

only 4. Is that too many? and if so why does him turning on his laptop kick my phone out even if I was connected first?

Nov 10, 2018

Then how come it only does it to my phone? Does that mean laptops get some kind of priority over phones? I'm confused.

Nov 10, 2018

so theres nothing I can do?

You can ask whoever set up the modem if there any priorities were set. Like this or that device takes priority over others, or if certain devices were given limitations. It would make sense if priority was given to devices owned by the WiFi owner, or for say computers over other devices.

When it comes to devices that lose connection more often than others, no there would not really be anything you could do to prevent that. If the ISP is losing connection more often, then your device may be one that just notices more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Android Smartphones 3
M Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 5
S Android Smartphones 1