Solved! wif camera systems question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
can anyone tell me this. if i was to get an 8 ch wifi camera system that the cameras and the nvr router are connected together by themselves interfere wilt my home wifi network?

i now have 6 ip cameras connected to my home network with cat5 cable. they all go to a network switch and that switch then goes to my router. i had to do that because when i had them connected via wifi they dropped out all day long. i use a table and tinycam to monitor the cameras.

so my dvr system is getting old and i want to upgrade to a new system and i'm looking at the wifi systems where there router/nvr has wifi built in and they look at there own cameras that are wifi also. my neighbor has one of these and i can't see his system on my network even my phone will not see it so i'm hoping that it is so distant that it will not bog down my network like i had before when i had my ip cams on wifi.

also it would be nice if i could connect that system to my network switch like the dvr is and then be able tos ee those cameras on the tinycam app thru my network.

any ideas on this> below is one type i'm looking at.
thanks much for any help.

s-l1600.jpg

Solution
More WiFi == more interference.
For me, WiFi and security camera do NOT go well together.

I have 2x Reolink PTZ, and they are awesome.
I also have a 4 camera system with its own dvr, much less expensive. And the image quality shows that.

I can almost get 100% coverage of the outside of the house with just the 2x Reolink.
I'm thinking of adding 2 more, one on each corner, but I can probably get away with adding just one more.

Image quality? I can just about read a license plate, from 150' away, at midnight.
Sensitive enough to pick up one or two of the brighter stars at night.

These RLC-423

USAFRet

Illustrious
More WiFi == more interference.
For me, WiFi and security camera do NOT go well together.

I have 2x Reolink PTZ, and they are awesome.
I also have a 4 camera system with its own dvr, much less expensive. And the image quality shows that.

I can almost get 100% coverage of the outside of the house with just the 2x Reolink.
I'm thinking of adding 2 more, one on each corner, but I can probably get away with adding just one more.

Image quality? I can just about read a license plate, from 150' away, at midnight.
Sensitive enough to pick up one or two of the brighter stars at night.

These RLC-423

Solution

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks i know if they are on your network they create havok i had 6 foscams on wifi and turned it off and added wire now the wifi is stable, but i wonder how the systems do that are there own wifi and nvr connected together and then just one wire to the network. i have16 cameras on the network wired and my system runs good. thanks