Wifi 5ghz problem

bestadave

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
So my laptop can connect to the 5ghz wifi but after maybe 5-10mins it will stop working and have the yellow triangle with exclamation mark next to it. I disconnect from the wifi and it doesnt show ANY wifis to connect to at all. And after that Ihave to restart my laptop, im able to connect to 2.4ghz just fine but its slow

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
does this problem only happen in your home? what type of router do you have? what is your laptop model? are you using your laptops builtin wifi? or do you have a usb adapter wifi dongle?

bestadave

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I have a Asus laptop and im using the wireless connection, it only happens at home yeah basically, I tried my friends house 5ghz wifi and same problem. I can connect to 2.4ghz no problem it wont kick me off or anything its just slow. I havent had this problem until like November where it would start having problems with the 5ghz wifi. Its the same wifi that worked and connected to 5ghz before the problem started. I dont know what router I have though

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
can you tell me the exact model for your ASUS laptop?
if you are saying that both your 2.5/5.0Ghz wifi was working perfectly up until december, then it may be a windows update that may have affected your drivers or something must have changed with your router. have you tried giving this router a hard reset? you may also try to contact your ISP to recheck the internet in your area.