Wifi Authentication Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizTablet

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
I have an Android Tablet. Whenever I try to connect it always says Authentication Problem. I tried forgetting then connecting and entering the password but nothing worked. I even rebooted but still nothing. Help?

Solution
Resetting the router often fixes that error.
You can either prod a paper-clip into the tiny "Reset" hole and hold for 15 seconds.
or unplug the router from mains supply then plug it back in.

In either case, wait until the router has finished establishing a connection to your ISP before trying to connect your tablet.
Resetting the router often fixes that error.
You can either prod a paper-clip into the tiny "Reset" hole and hold for 15 seconds.
or unplug the router from mains supply then plug it back in.

In either case, wait until the router has finished establishing a connection to your ISP before trying to connect your tablet.

Solution

skierplaterandy

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

Oh my god this is horrible advice, you just described to end-users how to factory-reset their router!!! :kaola: This is not at all helpful!

If you are reading this and don't know what a factory-reset is DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PERSONS ADVICE! A normal router reset can be done by simply unplugging power and plugging it back in.

rgd1101

Don't

That not a reset, that call a reboot. Doesn't sound like you know what you are talking about.

skierplaterandy

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

As if a standard end-user would typically understand the nuance between reset/reboot/power-cycle. If genuinely resetting router settings back to their default state was the goal, the post made it sound very simple for anyone to do. Depending on their configuration it might be impossible for many end-users to set up their router following a factory reset without contacting their ISP for login credentials etc. Depending on the router the user may have to set up wifi credentials again etc. Most people don't even know how to log into the web interface on their router. None of this was covered in that post.

Unless it's suspected the user has changed settings badly, it's not even likely to fix the problem if a power-cycle would not have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.