Solved! WiFi Connected, no internet (Connection OK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8142 - Android 8.0.0 / Build 47.1.A.12.270
WiFi Connected, no internet..... Mobile data is OFF and I have an internet connection over WiFi. (I can browse the internet no problem and all apps are working fine etc).
This has been tested on 4 or 5 other WiFi networks with the same error message but no connectivity issues whatsoever... so why do I have the notification of no internet when it is actually working fine? Factory reset, same issue. All system and apps updated, same issue.
I have searched for a week for a 'solution' to this, to no avail.... help anyone?

Solution
So you can access everything, from the phone, as long as through VPN, but not if not using VPN? Yeah I would say there is something being blocked.
Sep 9, 2018
I have contacted Sony with a full description..... as of yet they offer no solution to the problem.... basically the notification I get says there is no internet connection, but browsing is working fine.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same thing there. Granted you can't use a lot of apps in that mode, but just wondering if you get the same message.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah I tried that also... same.... I guess it is simply something to do with being in China and some background google thing isn't connecting as google is blocked here, yet it is still the same with a VPN.... I will have to wait and see how it behaves when I go outside of China next time with a SIM from the country I will be in.... fingers crossed then it will be OK... thats the only thing I can think of that may be giving this issue as everything else is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.