Wifi connectivity troubles

Maclore

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
I have a Lenovo yoga 2 that I have had since I came to college roughly 2 and a half years ago. It has slowly lost processing speed and the wifi drops more often than the beat in an edm song. I want to take my laptop and smash it against the wall because simple browsing and watching YouTube videos is like asking a man with no legs to walk. No I do not visit sketchy sites that have put malware in my computer. Yes I do have mcafee security software downloaded which I have the premium version of. The only other major programs I have downloaded is Microsoft office, skype, and steam which I uninstalled all games I previously had downloaded. Wifi connectivity is my major issue and whatever y'all can do to help me would go a long way thanks.

I know this is pretty basic, but for some reason people just don't think of it. In regards to the slowness, have you checked your cache and history in the browser and cleared them out? Also have you checked to find out what programs are auto running in the background, even when you aren't technically using them? Both of these can seriously slow down a system.

In regard to the WiFi, it dropping may not be on your end. It is completely possible it is the internet connection. If the modem/router is one you yourself can access, I would consider resetting both the modem/router and your WiFi connection on the laptop.

I know this is pretty basic, but for some reason people just don't think of it. In regards to the slowness, have you checked your cache and history in the browser and cleared them out? Also have you checked to find out what programs are auto running in the background, even when you aren't technically using them? Both of these can seriously slow down a system.

In regard to the WiFi, it dropping may not be on your end. It is completely possible it is the internet connection. If the modem/router is one you yourself can access, I would consider resetting both the modem/router and your WiFi connection on the laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sulphur88 Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 3
miluti Laptop Tech Support 2
LifeIsAFairyTail93 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 12
D Laptop Tech Support 0