Wifi not working when connected to external display

Mrburnx

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
When I connect my Lenovo Ideapad 100s to an external display through hdmi, it works good but after an hour or more the wifi just stops working. A solution to this for me is to disconnect my laptop from the display and restart. Connecting back to the display it works again, but eventually wifi stops again. Is this possibly due to ram shortage or the cpu? When connecting to an external display I have a keyboard and mouse connected through usb.

XistenZ

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Define "the wifi just stops working". Does it disconnect? Is the adapter gone from device manager? Does the connection get slow?
I really don't think the external monitor is connected to the issue at all.

Mrburnx

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

Just stops working

XistenZ

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

It's probably due to a fault in the combustion engine. Replace the hemisphere with chloroform then restartdown while making sure there's plenty of ketchup.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4
miluti Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 2
gaurav1811 Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 4
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question Laptop Keyboard Turns Off - Turns Back On When Any USB is Disconnected/Connected
Question HP Notebook 17-x010ca was dropped 3ft onto a rug; backlight works, but no picture. Everything else seem to work when connected to an external monitor.
Question Connection to laptop monitor got cut off, everything should be working. But hmdl shows black screen.
Question Browsers not working fine after being connected to mobile hotspot
Solved! WiFi connected but not working
Solved! Laptop Problem: When I connect my microphone to my laptop it acts like it is my default speakers, the microphone doesnt work!?
Connection doesn't work
Laptop wont turn on if its not connected to AC (Battery works fine)
Hi . My loptop is connected to wifi but it deosn't work. Like my chrome and internet explorer or firefox non of them work.
laptop not working with presence battery if too connected to power supply . (toshiba)
My thinkpad only connects to an external monitor how can I get it to work without the external monitor
Lenovo x301 black screen on power-up but internal screen works if external monitor is connected
I'm having same problem broken laptop used to connect to external monitor and now one day it just stopped working I've tried e
I can not connect my Toshiba laptop to a my tv with a hdmi cable but it works with an old samsung/
HP laptop screen black on boot up but works after external screen is connected
I have connect PC to external moniter.. It was working but went out and would not show on external moniter so I took battery o
hp elitebook 2740p Display does not turn on. also connected to a dock, external display wont work either.
I have the XPS M1530 connected to an external monitor... the external monitor is working fine; the laptop screen is not... it
Acer external monitor connected to laptop not working
Laptop screen wont turn on, but works when connected to an external monitor

ASK THE COMMUNITY