Solved! WIFI problem on a Samsung GT-S7560M

Jul 1, 2019
Hi,

I received a used cell phone but I can't connect to any router. When I put on the WIFI, it keeps searching for networks without finding any.
I followed instructions on Youtube that consist to set the KEEP WIFI ACTIVE ON SLEEP MODE option on ALWAYS in the advance parameters and then dial *#0011#, select wifi and deactivate WIFI POWER SAVE MODE and then reboot the cell phone.

But the problem continued. After retrying a few times, I noticed that the MAC address was 00:00:00:00:00:00. But after proceeding with the Youtube solution, the MAC address return to normal until, I turn on the WIFI.

I don't understand why turning the wifi on, change the MAC address to 00::.

Note that turning the wifi off don't returned the MAC address to normal.

I finally realized that I didn't had to do the *#0011# procedure but just rebooting the cell phone turn the MAC address to normal. I wonder if it's related but I found strange that the WIFI POWER SAVE MODE turn on automatically after rebooting the phone.

So, the MAC address change to 00:00:00:00:00:00 as soon I activate the WIFI (making wifi connection impossible) but, return to a normal address after rebooting the cell phone.

If someone got a solution for this one, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
It could be any number of things. Were it me, I would start with a full "Hard Reset" of the phone. Just back up anything you have put on it to another device (say a computer) or cloud account first.

It is so easy for a used device to have all kinds of odd settings, installed apps, etc., that can mess with normal usage. I would start there.

Then, if it continues after the 'Hard Reset", before you install or update anything, check the preinstalled apps. Make sure there aren't ones you won't want. Sadly some manufacturers install apps that are bad news. Look through the list of apps and make sure there is nothing you don't recognize. If you don't know what it is, look it up online. Then once you are sure it is something you can remove...
It could be any number of things. Were it me, I would start with a full "Hard Reset" of the phone. Just back up anything you have put on it to another device (say a computer) or cloud account first.

It is so easy for a used device to have all kinds of odd settings, installed apps, etc., that can mess with normal usage. I would start there.

Then, if it continues after the 'Hard Reset", before you install or update anything, check the preinstalled apps. Make sure there aren't ones you won't want. Sadly some manufacturers install apps that are bad news. Look through the list of apps and make sure there is nothing you don't recognize. If you don't know what it is, look it up online. Then once you are sure it is something you can remove or turn off, either uninstall it or disable it. Once done with all those, restart the phone (turn it off and back on) and see if the problem persists.

NOTE: If it doesn't happen again, after the "Hard Reset" at all, or after removing/disabling any apps, then I would be careful to install anything you previously had on the device one app at a time. Any of them could be the cause.

I recently got an app, from the play store, that is from a well known company. Didn't stop the app from constantly trying to install other apps on my phone! Uninstalled, poof no more problems. You just never know.

Solution
Jul 1, 2019
Hi,

I tried everything (including hard reset) and nothing solved the problem.

Must be something hardware on the wifi network module itself.

Maybe I'll try to see if it can be repaired or not, or just try to find another used one.

But, thanks for your time, giving all of those tips.