Wifi slow after virus

bradyd3

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
Hi so I got a virus and it made ads pop up in Internet explorer and made my wifi in Internet explorer almost never work but when it does it's pretty slow. At the beginning my games were also laggy and could only play on low or medium but then I used malewarebytes and it made my games play at ultra again but I'm still having trouble getting on the Internet without it being super slow or never working. So what should I do to get my internet back to were it use to be?

My Pc:
CPU: i5 4690k
RAM: 8Gb
MOBO: Gigabyte G97N-Wifi
GPU: MSI GTX 970
HD: WD 1TB
PSU: Corsair 500W

Solution
Usually when you have malware stuff on the PC, it gets into your browsers too. Gogole Chrome is almost if not always affected. I would uninstall whatever browser you're using (unless IE) and then delete the folder that left in AppData (hidden folder). then run ADWCleaner, Combofix, and other stuff to make sure there's nothing left on your PC. Then reinstall web browser.

crinkdude

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Usually when you have malware stuff on the PC, it gets into your browsers too. Gogole Chrome is almost if not always affected. I would uninstall whatever browser you're using (unless IE) and then delete the folder that left in AppData (hidden folder). then run ADWCleaner, Combofix, and other stuff to make sure there's nothing left on your PC. Then reinstall web browser.

Solution

bradyd3

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014

thanks man im gonna try that and ill get back to you when its done scanning