Wii Balance Board Used in Security Checks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bzomerlei

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
There is something to observing people behavior, the Israelis have been screening passengers for years this way, and have been very successful. While they are good at this, I'm not sure that a computer program will ever be as good at spotting problems as well trained humans.

agentjon

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]bzomerlei[/nom]There is something to observing people behavior, the Israelis have been screening passengers for years this way, and have been very successful. While they are good at this, I'm not sure that a computer program will ever be as good at spotting problems as well trained humans.[/citation]

Yeah but the Israelis dont detail the fidgeting 80 year old jewish lady for questioning. They detain the 18-34 year old fidgeting Arab.

Like it or not profiling works.

G

One big problem here is that the Wii Balance Board is very finicky. Sure, if you use it every day you learn its quirks, but if you don't you're lucky if you can calibrate it on the first try. Merely turning your head will make the Wii tell you to stop fidgeting.

Score one for the terrorists, I guess.

Thurin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Aren't the people who partake in criminal activities on the national level, usually accustomed or even well trained to maintain themselves at all times?

Just a thought,

Mike

Thurin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
By this I mean that it will, like other things such as DRM only provide the illusion of safety, accompanied by the discomfort of yet another tedious process we as average consumers have to endure, while it doesn't actually improve the situation. (since those who are hellbent on committing these vile acts will do so and successfully keep doing so, regardless?)

Status
Not open for further replies.