Wii Balance Board Used in Security Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
I flew for the very first time this August, and I was fidgety and sweaty and nervous as all hell. Then again, I got flagged anyway.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
great so if i "fidget" i will get pulled into some room where a bunch of big sadistic security dudes will rape me up the butt with a baton ???
just great man !!!!

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Perhaps by then, the researchers will have incorporated Project Natal and Sony's naughty looking Sphere motion controller. Be sure to check out CNN's report in regards to the other interesting tests.
Actually, I though of that right after the 2nd paragraph. :p

Anyway, I think that the HS is getting a bit paranoid. If they could use the technology to catch the big fishes than I'm ok with it, but it's not, it's catching all the small fishes..

joeman42

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Easy to defeat. Serial bank robbers routinely take sedatives before a heist to avert jumpiness. I would not be surprised if the 911 hijackers had done the same, not to fool security back then but to maintain control.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
It's not only if you have something to hide you fidget. If you're out of shape you'll fidget. Are you sure this isn't because the customs guys got caught playing wii on the job and grabbed at any excuse?

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
I've never fidgeted going through security. Besides, I think this process is a bit more sophisticated than looking for bored or nervous fliers.
As it is, they randomly pull people in for searches, anything better than random can be an improvement.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
maybe homeland security should see if they can tell the government to pull all troops in the middle east and leave them alone?

That solve all problems. I promise.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]gorehound[/nom]great so if i "fidget" i will get pulled into some room where a bunch of big sadistic security dudes will rape me up the butt with a baton ???just great man !!!![/citation]

Which one is the line for that?

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
lol... way to go tards. So no other way to scan even instantly and visually the shoe area or was it their excuse for Wii expenses? lol wtf is this about

martin0642

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
The real problem is that DHS is turning itself into an unauthorized police force, outfitting their minimum-wage, generally uneducated, poorly trained staff with blue shirts and sew-on badges even though they arent officers of any kind. The REAL police are always there, watching. After 9/11 3 things happened that made us more secure.

1: Arming the Flight Crew
2: Stronger Doors to cockpit
3: Americans don't think it's ransom they want

Nothing else needed to be done. A guy got beat to death recently for just SAYING he wanted to blow up a plane. A sad mob reaction to some particularly poorly chosen words, but the by allowing the TSA to turn airports into harrassment centers they have let the terrorists win by making us scared into giving up our own freedom in the name of (false) security. I would rather see dead Americans than cowed and fearful Americans.

PS: I'm in Afghanistan currently, and the Brits wont even let us fly from combat base to base with a knife in our bags...but we can keep our guns and ammo if we promise not to load them...

I watched 6 commandos take forever trying to get through a metal detector, because their missions got cut short and they still had ordinance on them. They kept trying to walk through, and it would beep, and then he'd fish around for a minute and then produce another grenade, knife, or ammo magazine, and hand it to this dude and try again. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]anonymousdude[/nom]This is an excuse to search everyone.[/citation]
Almost. All males pass on through. All busty women...stand on balance board.....

*Look at them pineaples jiggle* Mam, you are too fidgetty can you step over here....I need to pat you down.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
If this is implemented everybody with an anxiety of flying or ADAHD will be searched. ‘Would everybody who’s really nervous about flying and everybody with absolutely no attention span please step into this small interrogation room’… That’ll work out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.