Wii Fit to Outsell GTA by End of 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Call me a sexist, chauvinistic pig or misogynist, but time has proved again that women's purchasing power is greater than men.

Also I don't know who is playing Hello Kitty Mumopruguh and SIM. Most people I know play FPS, RTS or "regular" RPG. I may have left that part of brain to become black and fall down while doing usual aim-shoot-kill-teabag reflective cycle.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Chaohsiangchen...
Did you mean to say women's purchasing power is lower than men's? This was implied with your initial "chauvinistic pig" assertion.

While you FAILED to make your point, men indeed make more online purchases, and also spend more on things like electronics and software. Its not sexists to point out something so blatantly obvious, that is supported by statistics, and has no negative condensation towards females. (Just because I'm more likely to buy a videogame than my girl doesn't make her inferior to me in any way.)

Back on subject, the sales are going to be very close. Factoring in the Xbox 360 price drop, the PC version of GTA, and its more spendy target audience... unless the Wii has a very strong holiday season, I don't see Wii fit surpassing GTA's sales in time for 2009. Of course, to believe this I am making a completely baseless assumption that the Wii won't sell as well this holiday season (its a glorified gamecube with a fancy controller people!)

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Chaohsiangchen...Did you mean to say women's purchasing power is lower than men's? This was implied with your initial "chauvinistic pig" assertion.While you FAILED to make your point, men indeed make more online purchases, and also spend more on things like electronics and software. Its not sexists to point out something so blatantly obvious, that is supported by statistics, and has no negative condensation towards females. (Just because I'm more likely to buy a videogame than my girl doesn't make her inferior to me in any way.)Back on subject, the sales are going to be very close. Factoring in the Xbox 360 price drop, the PC version of GTA, and its more spendy target audience... unless the Wii has a very strong holiday season, I don't see Wii fit surpassing GTA's sales in time for 2009. Of course, to believe this I am making a completely baseless assumption that the Wii won't sell as well this holiday season (its a glorified gamecube with a fancy controller people!)[/citation]
Well, playability is 90% of the gaming experience, nobody likes ANY game that has sucky controls, and the wii's are surely not sucky.[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Well I don't consider 90% of the Wii's games to be games in the first place. And Wii fit is def not a game. [/citation]
Then you have clearly never played any wii title

G

I don't know my sister gave me GTA3: San Andreas for Christmas (lol). Then, again she thought it was just "action" game.

G

I have to agree with another commenter. Calling Wii Fit a "game" and actually comparable to GTA4 from a sales perspective would be like calling a fitness DVD a "movie" comparable to a Star Wars DVD based on sales. It makes no sense and is completely asinine IMO. What the hell is next? Comparing the sales of Crysis to Martha Stewart cookbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS