Wii Shortages Finally Over, Says GameStop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Pulled the trigger last Friday (refused to pay a package premium or scramble around town looking for one before). I went for the Wii (over a 360/PS3) as much due to the fact that I already have a GC and 10+ titles (that I still play) for it and the Wii is really just a supped-up GC with the Wi-Fi and motion controls as a bonus. I do most of my serious gaming on my PC.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]smlong[/nom]I have had a Wii since they came out. It's quite dull and the games stink.[/citation]
Think he said it all great for casual gamer :( but Nintendo needs to Produce better games

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
"Shortage." I guess when you decide to finally stop artificially increasing demand by not shipping enough product the "shortages" will be over. I saw three stacks of 15 consoles at Best Buy while I was browsing for product to buy from Amazon.

I have a Wii. Someone gave me Wii Fit for Christmas. Don't understand the appeal. When I have friends over we play some of the random "games" but besides that the Wii Fit, and the Wii, sit idle doing absolutely nothing. I still can't understand the Wii craze or the craze for these seemingly crappy games. If it wasn't for the Christmas holiday I wouldn't have any of this Wii crap.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
My thoughts were quite different than tayb's. My first reaction was "gee, all it took was a global economic downturn to slow down Wii sales."

However, like others here I refused to buy the "premium packages". I've gone without so long, I don't even really think about a Wii anymore. Now I read more books - got tons of those since my wife's addicted to reading.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I had two summers of Wii - every single day, for 9 hours a day. Babysitting little kids suck if all they do is Wii.

I find it pretty lame. The only good games are from Nintendo, and we know how conservative they are.

In the end, I'll gladly take a PS3 or Xbox 360 over a Wii.

G

@i_hate_flying

I agree, after I beat Mario Galaxy and bought a 360, my wii has just been collecting dust... for two years! Seriously haven't turned it on in two years!

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Giff[/nom]@i_hate_flyingI agree, after I beat Mario Galaxy and bought a 360, my wii has just been collecting dust... for two years! Seriously haven't turned it on in two years![/citation]

Same here, except instead of Mario insert No More Heroes. :) Until NMH2 comes out, it'll continue to collect dust. Mad World might be worth a shot.. but with so many good 360/PC games, I doubt it.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
the games might not be for you and me but it surely seem more than suitable for the majority of this generation of gamers. guns and glitter effects might appeal to some, but obviously the motion interaction style with the wii appeals to a lot more than supposed. it's not a bad console at all. you just have a narrow frame of mind.

v-man

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
@ all the haters. I'll take that Wii off your hands. Wait, that doesn't sound right...

I never got around to buying a Wii as all my friend's/roomate had them. I was a Wii Leach. Also, I was not willing to buy off eBay, what with it's 5 games and 2 controllers... (Wii Sports and a Nunchuck)

With that said I might be buying one in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.