Wikipedia's Banners Raise $20 Million

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
The way I see it, gigantic banners on top of every page is more intrusive and annoying than some text-only advertisements at the bottom of the sidebar, but I guess some philosophies are worth sticking to.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]Sad that I can believe this guy when he says he will be responsible with the donated money, yet I can't say the same for my government.[/citation]
Thats because you can count on companies to spend their own money on themselves very very carefully.. Whereas you can count on the government to spend other peoples money on other people and spend it like it will never end..

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]Thats because you can count on companies to spend their own money on themselves very very carefully.. Whereas you can count on the government to spend other peoples money on other people and spend it like it will never end..[/citation]

Oh so that explains all those companies failing so badly....

Status
Not open for further replies.