Will a 15.6" laptop fit a 14" backpack?

sgpg98

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I've got an Asus X550C 15.6" and I'm currently waiting for my online ordered laptop backpack, in which the description says it's up to 14". I know, big mistake I made ordering it without paying attention to the BIG details. Here's the backpack specifications: https://www.eastpak.com/be-en/backpacks-c120/mc-kale-into-black-pEK72B61K+00+999.html

As I'm new to this, can it fit it properly or even a bit tight but without making me uncomfortable?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would say "no, it wont fit"
The screen size is measured from one corner to opposite corner so 14" is less than 15.6" Yes, while otherwise empty, the folds might give you just enough room to squeeze your laptop in but... even if it'd fit that way, it would fit WAY less other stuff and would increase risks of popping seams and/or breaking the zipper or other details like that.

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I would say "no, it wont fit"
The screen size is measured from one corner to opposite corner so 14" is less than 15.6" Yes, while otherwise empty, the folds might give you just enough room to squeeze your laptop in but... even if it'd fit that way, it would fit WAY less other stuff and would increase risks of popping seams and/or breaking the zipper or other details like that.

Solution