Will an SSD improve the ASUS E202SA ?

pacho21

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Will an SSD improve my laptop%3F I have an Asus E202SA with this specs and I wonder if getting and SSD would improve the web navigation and multitasking maybe..

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz 44 °C
Braswell 14nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. E202SA (SOCKET 0) 27 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
465GB Hitachi HGST HTS545050A7E680 (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Conexant SmartAudio HD

Solution
No. It will not improve web surfing performance or multitasking. A SSD is simply extremely fast storage; it will only improve load and save times.

Improved web performance depends on the connection speed and the CPU. Lots of webpages have some pretty demanding coding behind them which the CPU must process. The less powerful the CPU the long it will take for it to process the code which leads to slow web surfing performance. Multitasking mostly depends on RAM and depending on the programs you are running the CPU as well.

Slumy__57

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
For sure. You'll definitely see better boot times, and better load times with an SSD. I don't know if it will help a lot with multi tasking, but I imagine it'll feel like it's a lot faster. An SSD just gives an overall faster experience than a legacy drive, I would definitely recommend getting one.

Scottray

Respectable
Jul 14, 2016
An SSD will improve start up time and speed up opening a program. Overall, it will make the laptop feel a little snappier. However, since this is a very low performance laptop, there's only going to be a little improvement. I usually always recommend adding a SSD, but this may be the one case where it might be better to save your money and buy a better laptop.

No. It will not improve web surfing performance or multitasking. A SSD is simply extremely fast storage; it will only improve load and save times.

Improved web performance depends on the connection speed and the CPU. Lots of webpages have some pretty demanding coding behind them which the CPU must process. The less powerful the CPU the long it will take for it to process the code which leads to slow web surfing performance. Multitasking mostly depends on RAM and depending on the programs you are running the CPU as well.

Solution

pacho21

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Great thank you for the complete answer. I think i will try to save some money and buy a better laptop for september