Will Half-Life 3 Be Announced at Gamescom? Probably Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
It will come out next year on all three platform PC/Xbox 720 and if the PS4 comes out next year that too.

5 years since episode 2...I would say it is getting close.

pereirdp

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
People have grown up, gotten married, had kids, retired, grown old, and died while they were waiting for episode 3 to come out. Ridiculous.

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
half life 2 episode 3 or even half life 3... i been waiting forever on a cliffhanger in my mind. but i also feel fear seeing as how duke nukem 4e turned out.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]BF3 a flop? Did you play it? Took 8 years cause they actually built quite a fine engine.[/citation]The engine is sweet, however BF3 did not deliver to my expectations.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]BF3 a flop? Did you play it? Took 8 years cause they actually built quite a fine engine.[/citation]
it is a flop when compared to BF2 and BF2142. the old refactor2 engine let you have MUCH more of the map than Frostbite does. that being said it didn't have destruction, but you had 6 man squads and intergraded VOIP and a main menu..... did I forget to say it was made for PC and ported to console as well?

with BF3 they keep hyping it as "THE BIGGEST MAPS EVER!?!?" but in reality BF2 and BF2142 had bigger maps. If you ever played BF2/2142 back in the day, you knew that you needed at least a jeep or you would be walking 20+ min.s to get to a flag and HOPED that there was a jeep or something there.

BF3 is really closer to a BC game than the Main Battlfield games.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
With Viktor Antonov departure, I highly doubt there will be an Half-Life 3 anytime soon. He left saying he wants to work on a big project, involving interesting new creative ideas. And that Valve is pretty much only about Steam nowadays. Steam and money making. They may be releasing interesting titles once in a while like Left 4 Dead, but it was not enough for the Art Director it seems.

If Half-Life 3 were really in development, why would he leave? He clearly said Half-Life 2 was the last project he worked on that he really was excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.