Will.I.Am's Smartwatch Makes Calls, Plays Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

pills161

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
...sure hope this becomes available in the US, sheeple everywhere are getting ready to pull out their wallets for this as we speak. I mean, it has will.i.am's name attached to it so it must be the best thing since sliced bread.

cork27

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Doesn't look so good. I like a more minimal and small device, like the upcoming Moto360.

Currently I have the SmartQ Z Watch, and it is as good as this sounds. It can make texts, make calls, and with the custom rom I installed I can sync Facebook and Twitter. It can also play music. (specs 1ghz processor, 512mb ram, 4gb rom, 240x240px, wifi, bluetooth). And it was only £60 (about $100), which is cheaper than most (probably ALL) well known smart watches, and very likely cheaper than this. The Z Watch is also small and very well built, which is very good for a less well known Chinese brand.

cork27

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Doesn't look so good. I like a more minimal and small device, like the upcoming Moto360.

Currently I have the SmartQ Z Watch, and it is as good as this sounds. It can make texts, make calls, and with the custom rom I installed I can sync Facebook and Twitter. It can also play music. (specs 1ghz processor, 512mb ram, 4gb rom, 240x240px, wifi, bluetooth). And it was only £60 (about $100), which is cheaper than most (probably ALL) well known smart watches, and very likely cheaper than this. The Z Watch is also small and very well built, which is very good for a less well known Chinese brand.

tobyben

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
This is old news. He has been using this watch on the UK show "The Voice" for the last couple of months. He used it to make Tweets live on the show, also took phone calls too.

reactive

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
And the battery lasts for...? Tell me when battery energy density has increased by 5x, and I might be interested in a smart watch. Until then, they'll be a permanently unreliable bit of idiot-ware.

G

I just don't get this; first, all the cellphone makers pushed for bigger and bigger screens on their phones, so now, we have phablets. Then, someone comes up with this brilliant idea of reducing the screen size to about a thumb-print, with straps, so you can tie it around your arm, so you can still talk to some rep in India trying to sell you insurance, while you're in the shower. I don't know guys, maybe I'm being too judgmental for thinking of this smart watch thing as a tech fad. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.