Will only run off wall and plugged in not charging problems

boosbear

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014
Hey so I just got my Acer predator 15 with the 1070 GPU. Initially I had a problem with it saying 87% plugged in, not charging. The laptop also would not run on battery. If I unplugged the laptop, the laptop would immediately shut off and would not turn on. If I pressed the power button, it might turn on for like a second then shut off.
However, this morning it started working fine. I can run the laptop off battery. And the battery led, which had never lit up before, now works.

My question is, should I be worried that there is a hardware problem and that the issue may return in the future? I know the cable and power brick were both fine and there were no overheating problems that may have caused the plugged in not charging issue.

I would be contacting the place of purchase or the manufacturer about the problem because a new device should not do that. Yes it may be working fine now, but you don't want to have it get worse and finally break down completely say just as your warranty expired.

I would be contacting the place of purchase or the manufacturer about the problem because a new device should not do that. Yes it may be working fine now, but you don't want to have it get worse and finally break down completely say just as your warranty expired.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pyro_isn_oob Laptop Tech Support 4
Hammy953 Laptop Tech Support 0
1Legend Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
feems Laptop Tech Support 0
Ashar786 Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 3