Will OS downgrade improve performance?

hcminy

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Hi,

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series with an i3-6006u processor and Windows 10 pre-installed. The laptop's speed isn't the fastest and programs such as Firefox and Office 365 take a lifetime to open.

Would it in any way be beneficial to downgrade the OS to Win 8 or 7 in terms of operating speed?

Solution
As regards OS downgrade feasibility - - that would depend on driver availability (on Dell's support website) for that particular laptop model.

But I doubt that would help with performance issues anyway - that needs addressing in other ways.

Laptop's typically come with boat-loads of bloatware pre-installed, most of which runs in the background, eating away at the RAM. Getting rid of those will free up some RAM to improve performance.

On the hardware side, as already advised, an SSD & more RAM would do wonders.
As regards OS downgrade feasibility - - that would depend on driver availability (on Dell's support website) for that particular laptop model.

But I doubt that would help with performance issues anyway - that needs addressing in other ways.

Laptop's typically come with boat-loads of bloatware pre-installed, most of which runs in the background, eating away at the RAM. Getting rid of those will free up some RAM to improve performance.

On the hardware side, as already advised, an SSD & more RAM would do wonders.

Solution