Will these two AV programs run together with no issues?

Mez123

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
Hi, I was considering purchasing Kaspersky Total Security 2017 but wondered if it would conflict with Sophos Home. I read online that two AV programs running together in the same instance could cause conflicts. Does anyone know if Sophos Home and Kaspersky Total Security will run together without issues?

Solution
If you have two AV softwares on a single computer, there is a 90% chance you are going to run into trouble and it will also slow your system down significantly. I highly recommended you uninstall the older one first.

The first AV will detect second as a virus and the second AV will detect the first as a virus.

PS: I don't have experience with either one of them.
Good Luck!

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
If you have two AV softwares on a single computer, there is a 90% chance you are going to run into trouble and it will also slow your system down significantly. I highly recommended you uninstall the older one first.

The first AV will detect second as a virus and the second AV will detect the first as a virus.

PS: I don't have experience with either one of them.
Good Luck!

Solution

kapsey

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Probably. Off the top of my head, both have active protection and will probably slow down your system, if not register each other as viruses and get into a fight. It may be amusing to watch?

If you want to double up, I'd get an antimalware, because Kaspersky and Sophos are antivirus programs, and shockingly, antimalware and antivirus aren't the same thing. I'd recommend combining Malwarebytes and Avast if you're looking for dual protection, as they're both free and they work well together.

Good luck!

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I wouldn't recommend it. 2 active anti-virus programs will often clash, and if they both scan the same file, each might detect a virus or an issue without there actually being one. And in general, a lot of weird things are gonna happen (Not counting significant system slow-down). If you want to run full protection, I would recommend anti-virus and anti-malware of your choice, any major or popular distributors of each should work well together. Additionally, as far as I can tell, Kaspersky has everything in it, including anti-malware, so you should probably just go with that and not worry about it that much.