Will this build run: GTA V(with LSPDFR mods), League of Legends, Arma3, etc.

mellex

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Helping our son build a gaming PC. Will this run the above mentioned well? I don't want "barely run", I want "solidly will run" And on the other end, anything that is way over the top and unnecessary (don't wanna OVER pay!) ;) I know I can expand later if needed, but want something to solidly run stuff like GTAV and LOL.

Permalink to parts list: http://
(This does link, just click it. :D )

Thanks!

If you don't mind, I've edited your build and added a few extra things:

Your rig is pretty good as it is, however the things I added will make the rig a lot faster at booting up and easier to build in.

Changes:

CPU Cooler: The stock intel cooler isn't going to be good enough. You'll want the H7 Cryorig aftermarket cooler to keep your tempatures down.

SSD: A SSD will help tremendously in making the rig fast. It's defiantly worth it to buy one.

Graphics card: The AMD RX 480 just came out and is really fast compared to the GTX 960. It's pretty much a no brainer to go with the much faster RX 480.

Case: I've worked with the Corsair SPEC before and it's not that great. Cable management is pretty bad, and it's very cheap. The new corsair case I added is a bit higher quality.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/MBDFd6

Also, why do you want windows 8.1? Wouldn't windows 10 be better?

mellex

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016

I certainly appreciate the time and attention (and input)! However, we were already over what I really can afford. I hate windows 10. :/ I was told not to worry about a different cooler. I'd be fine with what I had (so it seems a matter of opinion...?).
So far on other forums I've gotten a pretty good thumbs on my build for the budget...I may have to cross my fingers there and add other stuff/swap out when I can.

Ah, I didn't know your budget was already maxed. Sorry.

For now here is what would be best. Buy the build in your original post (but buy the better case), then you can add the SSD and cooler down the road.